You don’t always have to look for inspiration to find it. Sometimes, it finds you.
Just as we make sure we bring along a Frigibar freezer when travelling by water, we like to carry quotes with us when in need of a little boost of inspiration. Here are eight of our favorite nautical quotes.
- A ship in harbor is safe, but that’s not why ships are built for. – John A. Shedd
- I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship. – Louisa May Alcott
- You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf. – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. – Mahatma Gandhi
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. – Mother Theresa
- Land is the secure ground of home, the sea is like life, the outside, the unknown. – Stephen Gardiner
- The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea. – Isak Dinesen
- There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea. – Attributed to Anacharsis, 6th Century BC
What’s your favorite nautical or ocean-themed quote? We’d love to hear from you. Email your favorite quote to Shuly.Oletzky@Frigibar.com.